Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Venture Brothers Special - All This and Gargantua 2 [TV Review]

The last Venture Brothers episode aired on TV back in July of 2013.
That was until today, when at long last, they returned with a special.
Let me rephrase that more appropriately:

VENTURE BROTHERS ARE BACK!



Hmmm... that's a lot of spaceships.
The Monarch returns to his childhood home.

This was well worth the wait.
Well, no. I'd prefer to not wait 1 to 2 years between seasons, however every season is good. Every. Season.

4.5 out of 5 stars
I'm honestly knocking this down half a star for one major reason. Well 2 reasons... one I'm not going to cover because it would be a Major Spoiler. The other reason is simple.
The Revenge Society... in splendid purple.
I had to dig around on the web to find the last 5 minutes of the show. They said, on Adult Swim, in one of those stupid little blurbs they pop up (which can be funny), something about an epilogue. I thought they were going to show it on TV. Why not? Nope.

I wonder if Brock is going to be over Molotov... I hope so.
I had to, as I've previously stated, dig around the web for it. But worry not. I'll be linking to it at the end of this review. That will make it easier for you, the blog reader. 

Warning: Do not Watch it until you have seen the special.

And I'm over that horrifying mustache.
And Special it was. All This and Gargantua 2 was an hour long (42 minutes thanks to commercials) and packed with events. There are spaceships, space stations, Investors, Guilds, Socieities, old folks, robots, Ray Shields, Generals, OSI, spys, several pairs of Venture Brothers, deaths, revelations, gun shots, and lots of fire. This is setting up a very interesting Season 6.

And yes, there is a Season 6. You see some of the reveals in the Epilogue. 

I'm so ready for Season 6.

I actually want to watch the Special again.

Okay. I'm done with this review. I'm going to check if they are showing it again. I want to watch it again.

You should watch this.
You should really watch this.
Go watch this.

Oh yeah, here is the link to the Epilogue. Again, Do Not Watch until after you have seen the Special.




No comments:

Post a Comment