Saturday, July 11, 2015

Rifftrax Presents Sharknado 2: The Second One [Rifftrax Live Event Review]

Thursday night I sat through one of the worst films of all time.
Thankfully I had help. Mike, Bill, and Kevin were there to mock the film, making fun of a terrible movie.



I'm really looking forward to The Miami Connection.
The worst part was that not even they could really make this film not hurt. Sharknado 2: The Second One is so bad that it actually hurt.

I'm going to quote myself.
I've never done that before... I don't think.

"This was a movie made of disappointment, pure undiluted disappointment. There was no happiness in the movie. There was no redemption for this film. In the end it is deserving of only our scorn and our pity, and some hatred."


Ian Ziering, the man who mispronounces his own name.
I've previously reviewed this awful movie, so read the review for Sharknado 2: The Second One to see the full extent of my feelings towards this televised travesty. I've also reviewed the Rifftrax Live Show of the first Sharknado... which I hate to say was a better and cogent movie. I gave them both the same terrible rating, but I think that the first movie is just a tiny bit better... of course this is a moot point. Both movies are terrible cinematic crimes against humanity. 

Shark is a replacement word for Shit here.
There was no need for the replacement.
I want to say the Rifftrax made it watchable... but just barely. The movie hurts so bad.
And it just throws 'celebrity cameos' at the screen.

Here is a small list of actors / actresses that somehow deigned to be in this film.

- Robert Hays (Airplane), he plays a pilot.
- Will Wheaton (TNG), he is a passenger who dies.
- Richard Kind (lots), a Mets Fan/Ex-player.
- Judd Hersh (lots), a Cabby.
- Billy Ray Cyrus (meh), a doctor (yeah right).
- Andy Dick (meh), a police officer.
- Numerous news personalities like Kelly Ripa and Al Roker. How sad must their careers be that they willing entered this movie.

So terrible.
Thankfully Rifftrax made it funny. But you could tell at times that either the heat (the theater they were in must have had some problems, because they looked hot, sweaty, and tired) or the movie were just too much. Their jokes were not as snappy as usual. I'm thinking it was the movie. Now that being said there were some jokes that were uproariously funny, as usual.

My rating for the Rifftrax Lie Show:

4 out of 5 stars
I'm just saying that not even they could redeem this film enough.

If you want to see this Rifftrax Live Show, there is a rebroadcast on the 16th of July. The movie is bad, but the show is good. Oh, and they have a wonderful new, very creepy, short before the movie.  

And now an announcement. I will be watching Sharknado 3, and reviewing it, so that you do not have to suffer. I will suffer for you.

The Room was more watchable than Sharknado 2: The Second One.





No comments:

Post a Comment