Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Yippie Kai Yay

I had no positive expectations for the most recent Die Hard movie after viewing 4 (which is a special movie in that my opinion of it tends to get worse over time). Thankfully seeing a movie with no positve expectations allows you to be surprised.

There was some good in it. A rather lucid plot, a few twists, and lots of action (which was all I really did expect). So, I'll say this rates up with Die Hard 2. I also enjoy Russian Helicopters - even when they are used for silly things. And a carrot eating bad guy, that had some amusement factor.

There was also some bad.
- The camera man for the car chase scene needed to be thrown under one of the cars... he did an absolutely miserable job. Here's a car racing along, oh and now enjoy this Close Up of a Bumper! Bad cinematography for the car chase... and the constant use of camera motion even in a conversation, and sometimes extreme and unnecessary close ups.
- For a movie that advertised a Die Hard Girl... there really wasn't one. She had a role, it was more of a twist, and almost no screen time. I'd say in a 90+ minute movie she was on screen for maybe a grand total of 9 minutes. Enough time to do a few small things, and then get crazy. Not the good crazy either.
- Gratuitous silly violence for no reason. I expected gratuitous violence in Bruce Willis movies. This one had that, in spades. It also has silly violence for no real reason. And I mean, silly, stupid, just to use gasoline and or mist clouds of blood silly. At least it was better at the blood than Avengers...

I saw a movie.

It was not as good as the Hobbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment