Saturday, March 2, 2013

Mass Effect 3: The Crap Ending

Pretty Red Colors...

little while back I finished ME:3 after getting the Expanded Cut DLC. First time through I chose synthesis, because of all the choices it seems the most 'paragon.' This time I played my careless bad choice Shepard, who at the end of ME:2 had successfully let most everyone on the Normandy die. Garrus, Tali, and accidentally Miranda survived.

So this time I chose what seems like the stupidest ending: Blow up all Synthetics. The Destruction ending. I called the Synthesis Ending the EDI ending because it is told in her voice. EDI is a main character, developed and grown from ME:2 (well... a bit of ME:3 retconning has her descended from ME:1, buts that's another acceptably good story.)

The Destruction Ending is the Hackett Ending. A maguffin character ending for a maguffin character. He serves little purpose other than being a 'motivator' for Shepard to go and do things. This ending was not nearly as good. It suited Hackett, as he was not much in the games, and this ending was not much either. There was not even much remorse over EDI being dead. No, that's not a spoiler - if you kill all the synthetics, you kill them ALL.

Very meh. It was however a completely acceptable end for my careless 'meh' Shepard.

I hope the next ending is better. Why did I choose to go the 'paragon' route first?

No comments:

Post a Comment