Sunday, January 11, 2015

Archer - The Holdout (Season 6 Episode 1) [TV Review]

He's back!
The world's most dangerous spy returns to TV.
And the world is a better place.



You don't know me! (And what is that animal?)
Archer Vice is over.
For some reason, a reason that I cannot fathom, the audience in general did not like Vice very much. I really enjoyed vice, primarily due to the extended plot line.

4.5 out of 5 stars
I watched episode 1 of season 6 twice. The first time, perhaps my mind was not in the right mood, I did not enjoy it very much. It did not have the, and I hate this word, epic quality of Archer Vice's first episode (White Elephant).

The International Secret Intelligence Service is no more.
However my second viewing was much more enjoyable. So enjoyable, I've actually rated it higher than I rated White Elephant (because in all truth that episode rocks for one reason: the world's greatest montage).

No mini bottles? Criminal!
So much of this episode's humor comes from extended jokes, running gags, and personality foibles. All good.

I really don't want to dig into the plot because, in all seriousness, this is a 22minute show so you should be able to watch it easily on your own. Do that. Do that thing I just said. Go watch this.

I'm looking forward to a good season. Vice was excellent, so this has a lot to live up to, but we are picking up where Vice left off.

I've never been disappointed in a season of Archer, individual episodes can be less than stellar, but as a whole very season, even the first season with it's rougher animation is a good season.

And somehow if you have never seen any of Archer... Go Back and Watch it - ALL. Now!
I kinda hope that Sato-san shows up more in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment