Tuesday, January 19, 2016

HuniePop [PC Game]

This is the final game I have to review in my 'Games I recently bought on a Steam Sale' marathon.
This one was one of the cheapest, and also one of the ones I've spent the most time on...



Ok... the lyrics to "Lola" by the Kinks will just not get out of my head.
"I asked her her name and in a dark brown voice she said Lola."
HuniePop is a 'Match 3' game much like Bejewled or Puzzle Quest. You know, grab an icon and drag it by either row or column to match up with two or more of the same icon. Then they disappear and you get points.

4 out of 5 stars
It's super simple basic game play. This game does make it more difficult by slowly increasing the difficulty of the levels but not increasing the number of moves you can make. You can modify how powerful matches are... but this requires some effort in the other part of the game.

"Meditation."
The 'Dating Sim' side of the game is rather light
as many of the questions simply require memory
and / or simple judgement of character.
The dating sim half of the game is really simplistic. There is only one hidden object search, every other gift item is marked. Beyond that memory and a judge of character will get you through the rest of the questions. You need to do well on them in order to build up points to improve the points you get from matching icons.

All of this is of course to do one thing.

To look at etchi images, of course.

The goal is to successfully date each girl in the game four times (at least), and there are nine base characters (and some hidden ones). You can play as either a male or female yourself. This seems to only change one major thing (and only if you have the de-censor patch installed) and some dialogue. As you date the girls, the game gets more and more difficult. Each move in the match 3 sections needs to be wisely made the further into the game you progress. Each character is very unique, and if you are like me there are some characters that just really click and some that you will not be able to stand.

I've put more hours into this game than any of the others I got during the sale. I've already completed it once... but there are many more steam achievements that I want to get. It's also fun, simple, and relaxing, while still being challenging.

Sure having a dirty mind probably makes the game more fun.     
None of the games I bought was perfect, but there were a lot of fun ones, some bad ones, but over all... I love Steam Sales. They let me dabble with games that I might have otherwise never tried. I'm looking forward to the next one.

The game is filled with fan service...

'Games I recently bought on a Steam Sale' review event links.

The Talos Principle
Pillars of Eternity
Satellite Reign
Endless Legend
South Park: The Stick of Truth
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion
The Stanley Parable
This War of Mine 






No comments:

Post a Comment