Thursday, July 7, 2016

Mini Metro [PC Game]

The Steam Summer Sale has ended.
I was more restrained this time than I was in their Winter Sale.
I only nabbed four games, less than half of what I got last time.


There are a lot of cities in which to create your subways.
The advantage being that all of the games I nabbed this time, I've liked a lot more than some of the ones I bought last time. No returns this time.

Berlin is very tough. Not enough tunnels to cross the river.
Now I'm going to review the new games in no particular order.

The first game up for review is Mini Metro.

This game is crazy addictive. I've sat down and just lost time on this game. Every time I lose a game (and that is all you will do) I start a new one.

Hong Kong is also crazy tough, because it will explode.
Not 'boom' explode, but 'passenger overload' explode.
4.5 out of 5 stars
It is stupid simple but incredibly challenging. Essentially you are creating subways between stops. The stops have shapes like O or Δ and you have to delivery passengers of the same letter style to those stops. So Δ passengers need to arrive at Δ stops. Some stops are very rare like while others like O are very very common. This can cause crowding, and crowding causes angry passengers, and angry passengers are why you fail... er... lose.

Every month you get new upgrades like additional engines, carriages, tunnels, new lines, and improved stations. Unique cities give different upgrades. In Hong Kong you get 2 engines every month while Osaka has Shinkansen.

There are also daily challenges if you want to see how badly you fare against the rest of the world.

I first saw this game on Extra Credits (of course). It was yet another of their little Game You May Not Have Tried videos... which for me are almost like shopping lists. The creators of Extra Credits know games.

Mini Metro is a fantastic puzzle game. I recommend this game, sale or no sale.


Get used to this screen. You will always tell yourself, "I could have done better."

I think I'll just keep adding to my list of Game I've Bought on Steam to Review.

Winter 2015
HuniePop
The Talos Principle
Pillars of Eternity
Satellite Reign
Endless Legend
South Park: The Stick of Truth
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion
The Stanley Parable
This War of Mine 


No comments:

Post a Comment